Peak District Genealogy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Naden/Nadin Family

Go down

The Naden/Nadin Family Empty The Naden/Nadin Family

Post by Admin Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:32 am

I am researching into the Naden/Nadin family which has very close connections with Buxton for hundreds of years.
If you are a member of the family or related to them or if you have any information or photographs we would be pleased to hear from you.

Dennis Nadin
-------------------------
Note by the moderator :Posted in 2002
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.buxtononline.net

Back to top Go down

The Naden/Nadin Family Empty Re: The Naden/Nadin Family

Post by Admin Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:36 am

Virtually all the Naden/Nadins in the UK and commonwealth derive from the UK family which was centred from the start of parish records mainly in two centres N Staffs and S Lancs. The earliest reference at present is fifteenth century Lancs and probably relates to the Naden Valley above Rochdale.
There are exceptions in N America.
When I began my research there were beliefs that we were Russan aristocrats fleeing persecution from the communists, french aristocrats fleeing from the French revolution and aristocratic huguenots fleeing from earlier persecution.NB always aristocrats.
I have found no evidence of any of this and as stated above considerable evidence of extensive UK settlement from the beginning of popular records

Dennis Nadin
---------------------------------
Note by the moderator :Posted in January 2007
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:46 am

Hi my name is Gary Nadin of Buxton born in Batham gate, just outside Buxton towards Doveholes and peakdale. My father was John Leonard Nadin also of Batham Gate. His father was Evan Nadin i think originally from somewhere in wales? My father had 1 brother George who spelt his surname Naden and two sisters Hilda and Margaret. Margaret is now living in Italy and is the only one living.

I hope this maybe of some help,

Gary Nadin
----------------------------
Note by the moderator :Posted in May 2007
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:49 am

I am researching the Smithurst family and have come across a Agnes Smithurst (nee Wagg) who married Frederick james Naden in 1907. I would be Extremely interested to know anything about the Nadens and where they lived in Buxton.

B Shaw
-----------------------
Note by the moderator :Posted in June 2007
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:10 am

I was searching the Naden name and ran across this message and just wanted to share with you that my mother's name is Pat Naden. We are from Kansas in the US. Just wanted to share. I am interested in finding other Nadens across the world.

Chris Naden
-----------------------
Note by the moderator :Posted in September 2007
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Naden/Nadin Family Empty The Naden/Nadin Family

Post by Admin Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:13 am

Hi I live with Ralph Naden, he has two younger sisters, they're from Sawley which is between Derby & Nottingham,he has two children & a almost x wife. As far as I am aware the only other family that they know is a grandmother. The Naden family trade is carpets but Ralph loves to Race super bikes with his local club.

jenni

---------------------
Note by the moderator :Posted in October 2007
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Naden/Nadin Family Empty Nadin/Naden of Buxton

Post by Peter Na Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:37 am

My father was born in Buxton in 1932 William Brian Nadin, his father was Frank Nadin and his father was David Naden - I have further details going back to a association to the Gannon family (my nan's maiden name). The Gannon's have links to Waterford in Ireland.
My father had a sister Stella; his mother was Mary Gannon. His left area when he joined the RAF
Frank Nadin lived and worked around Buxton all his life from working in quarry, to a firm called Brake Linings and long time assocation to St Johns Ambulance.
Other details area being collated into my own family tree. Any knowledge of information would be appreciated

Peter Na

Back to top Go down

The Naden/Nadin Family Empty Naiden

Post by nnaiden Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:06 am

I'm a Naiden in the US, and we got as far back as a William Henry Naiden from Staffordshire, but can find nothing more. He came over to New York with a young wife, and moved to Iowa. There are Naiden's in the midwest part of the US who trace their ancestry to Eastern Europe, but we are not of that ilk. Would live to find other Naidens in Staffordshire/Cheshire that may be distant relations. We spell it with an "i" and apparently always have - on the ships manifest W. Henry Naiden spelled his name with an "i".

Noelle

nnaiden

Back to top Go down

The Naden/Nadin Family Empty Nadin

Post by Catherin Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:10 am

I'm descended from Thomas Nadin, son of James and Betty (Pratt) Nadin -- all from Dukinfield, Cheshire.

Specifically, my grandmother was Elsie Nadin (b. 1897), daughter of Ernest Nadin (b. 1869), who was the son of Thomas (b. 1832). Any and all information about James and Betty, as well as generations above, would be appreciated!

Catherine
Pocatello, ID

Catherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down