Peak District Genealogy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lomas Family of Buxton (1820-1880)

Go down

Lomas Family of Buxton (1820-1880) Empty Lomas Family of Buxton (1820-1880)

Post by Admin Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:29 am

am interested in the Lomas genealogy associated with Buxton.

I am researching John Lomas, a 'Commercial Traveller, ie Grocer, born 5 July 1857. married Rose Elizabeth Ashworth of Prestwich, Lancs in 1882.
Daughters Annie E. and Ethel R

This Lomas family shows on the 1891 census with John Lomas indicating his place of birth as Buxton, Derbyshire and we show 5 July 1857 as his date of birth.

My father-in-law is the son of Ethel Rose Lomas who married Henry Herbert Scholey.

I would very much appreciate hearing from anyone with information on this local Buxton Lomas family. I was very surprised to note a Lomas Foods in operation at 77 Spring Garden and wondered if there might be a possible tie.

Regards,

Ben MacDonald
Glendale, AZ
-----------------------------
Note by the moderator :Posted in 2004
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.buxtononline.net

Back to top Go down

Lomas Family of Buxton (1820-1880) Empty Lomas/belfield

Post by Nicky Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Hello Nicky from australia here.searching also for Lomas and Belfield connection.In our tree we have a Thomasine Lomas born 1840 Sheen Staffs marrying Joseph Belfield b 1836 Fawfieldhead farmer of 12 acres....Thimasines father was John Lomas b 1806 of Fawfield head Staffs...thats all I have..I started researching with my mum Palma Belfield last year she suddenly and tragically passed away and I am returning to Uk in aug 2011 to try and visit where her family began.So iny info connected would be of precious value..thanks Nicky

Nicky

Back to top Go down